SummaryLast Updated: July 30, 2019
- Precautions for adding a new driver onto Windows Vista/7
Precautions for adding a new driver at Daylight Saving Time
|Title||Beckhoff Automation GmbH TwinCAT ADS/AMS Driver|
|Supported Software||The required versions of software for this driver installer are as follows.
(Although this driver can be installed in GP-Pro EX Ver. 2.10.000 or later, GP-Pro EX Ver. 3.01.000 or later [If GP4000M Series used, GP-Pro EX Ver. 3.10.000 or later is required.] and Pro-Server EX Ver. 1.31 or later support TAG import functionality.)
|Supported Units||Required versions depend on models.
Please check "Supported Models / Version" or the required versions of GP-Pro EX.
Required driver versions for different models are listed below
|For details, please read the following PDF: bec_ads.pdf
For general information regarding Device connection and documentation conventions, please refer to "Device/PLC Connection Manual".
|Updated Contents||Ver.1.15.15 The following issues were fixed:
|Restrictions||In the [Symbol] mode, when using "Copy From Another Project" function of GP-Pro EX. Please make sure to copy the exactly matched TPY file between the imported projects.|
How to install (This is a self-extracting file.)
Prior to installation, be sure to close all software applications that are running.
- Click on the above file name to download the data to desired folder.
- After the download to your PC is finished, double-click on the file’s icon to start the installer program.
- After the installer starts, follow the instructions given on each screen.
- After installation, execute GP-Pro EX.
- Select [Beckhoff Automation GmbH] for "Manufacturer" and [TwinCAT ADS/AMS] for "Series" in [Device/PLC] settings of [System Settings] on the [Project] menu.
- Ver.1.15.15 The following issues were fixed:
- In the [Symbol] mode, when converting address in Convert Address dialog box, all address in structure is converted to the same address.
- Ver.1.15.14 The following functionality was added:
- RETAIN Type is now supported.
- Using the "Utility"-"Copy from Another Project" function, or copying and pasting parts between projects sometimes caused changes to variable names associated with parts on the screen.
- Sometimes could not set up specific tags in parts on the screen.
- Even though a data type was listed as supported in the Device/PLC Connection Manual importing the corresponding Data Type failed sometimes.
- When importing array data types, sometimes the array data type was imported as a simple array.
- Ver. 1.15.13 The following functionality was added:
- It supports importing TPY file created with Build Version 4016.28.
- In the [Symbol] mode, when importing a TPY file from the editing function, the symbol name already set in the project might be rewritten.
- There was a case where importing of Data Type stated as support in the Device/PLC Connection Manual failed.
- Ver. 1.14.12 The following issue was fixed:
- Device address setting sometimes could select variables of an unsupported type.
- Ver. 1.14.11 The following issue was fixed:
- Individual Device Settings in Beckoff TwinCAT driver sometimes shows wrong settings.
- Ver. 1.14.10 The following functionality was added:
- Support TwinCAT2 and TwinCAT3. TPY File (Tag data) import to GP-Pro EX symbol
- Doesn’t show String array data in sometime
- Ver. 1.12.07 The following functionality was added:
- Support TwinCAT3.
- Reading a large number of array elements has been optimized.
- D-Script memory copy (from PLC to display) copies only the first address point in [Symbol] mode.
- Reading STRING symbols results in error in [Symbol] mode.
- Use of offset may cause a text display to read data from a wrong address in [Tag] mode.
- Data in TOD and DT arrays may not be displayed properly in [Tag] mode.
- GP-Pro EX may abruptly be terminated if nodes in [Tag] mode and ones in [Symbol] mode are mixed in one project.
- Pro-Server EX allows tag data to be created and edited which can lead to a mismatch with tag data in GP-Pro EX projects.
- Reading STRING symbols with more than 1414 characters in total in one screen may result in error.
- Ver. 1.11.06 The following issues were corrected:
- Bit writing to array of BOOL or BYTE/USINT/SINT may not work normally.
- Ver. 1.11.05 New